Let them eat cake

0 comments
Photo Cred: Tierra

When I heard pan-Latin joint Tierra garnered some serious buzz from AJC's Meridith Ford Goldman, naturally I had to chek out what was allabuzz. Although, I must admit, my interest was also partially sparked by the hooch: on Weds wine under 50 bones are half-priced. Sold.

Before I break into the bulk of this post, let me honor my due diligence in tipping my hat to the black bean soup, as Mer describes "deeply layered with savory bacon flavor spruced up with platanos fritos and a dollop of creme fraiche." My boyfriend ordered two bowls. Get the picture?

Ok onto Tierra's winning foray. I gobble up cake at the drop of a dime. You offering cake? I'm taking the cake. Cake is my weakness. This is not to say I don't dabble in a little cake snobbery if it doesn't make the cut. Let me tell you, I want to be best friends with this cake.

Tierra really hits it out of the park with it's Tres Leche cake. (Tres Leche is french for three milks). Perfectly moist, creamy and fluffy, (again, gonna paraphrase mer here) it is indeed tempting enough to bury your face in.

Don't say I never gave you anything.
If you like this post, please share it!
Digg it StumbleUpon del.icio.us Google Yahoo! reddit

No Response to "Let them eat cake"

Post a Comment