pc: Vortexcomedy.com What the dil? "Last Comic Standing" finalist and current contributor to VH1's "Best Week Ever" Doug Benson hits the stage
Where do I go? Laughing Skull Lounge, The Vortex (878 Peachtree St. 877-523-3288)
When do I show up? Thurs.-Sat., 8 and 10 pm.;Sun., 7 and 9 pm.
What's it gonna cost me? $20-$28
Why should I bother? Gnaw on some tater tots while taking in the pot-laced, pop-culture infused musings of Doug Benson.
What the dil? Peachtree Road Farmers Market
Where do I go? The parking lot of the Cathedral of St. Philip (2744 Peachtree Rd NW)
When do I show up? Saturdays from 8:30 - Noon
What's it gonna cost me? However much freshly plucked produce & goodies you can fit in your eco-friendly bags.
Why should I bother? This open-air market hosts local farmers, producers, growers and craftspeople loot for the taking. Tis' the season of fresh, juicy, refreshing food.

What the dil? daveFM Virginia Highlands Summerfest
Where do I go? Scenic and historic Virginia Avenue between North Highland Avenue and Park Drive
When do I show up? Sat. (10 - 8:00 pm) and Sun. (11:00 - 6:00 pm)
What's it gonna cost me? Nuttin'. Although they welcome donations to the Virginia-Highland Civic Association.
Why should I bother? Kick-off summer with a celebration of local arts, food and FREE music including headline acts from Cowboy Mouth and Manchester Orchestra. More info here.

What the dil? Unplugged in the Park Weekly Concert Series
Where do I go? Park Tavern (500 10th St NE)
When do I show up? Sunday, 7 PM
What's it gonna cost me? No cover
Why should I bother? Overlook Piedmont Park & the Atlanta skyline while taking in the stripped-down, bare bones performances. This Sunday, catch Pat Dinizio from the Smithereens. Series is every Sunday through October. Thats what I love about Sundays.
No Response to "AFOMFT Freakin' Weekend Fodder"
Post a Comment