Posted by Unknown in
atlanta culture vulture,
atlanta social expirement
Oh, Valentine's Day. You create beaucoup de stress for millions around the world. What's up with all of the pressure? Now I must admit, I do enjoy the occasional bouquet of fluers, perhaps some chocolat - I've been conditioned to expect some sort of sweet gesture on that 14th day in February, like all women have since they were young ladies.
But, I've realized over time how redonk it is to expect a white-knight-fairy-tale-gesture of epic proportions just because hallmark says so. I can't walk outside my apartment without seeing the regurgitations of cupid around every corner. blech!
Do we really need to designate an official day to tell our loved ones how much they are loved? In my opinion romantic gestures and selfless action should be occuring on a regular basis. I'm just sayin'. So when I stumbled upon local photographer Heidi Geldhauser's I Love You Card Campaign, I was pumped.
It's simple. Request 25 free cards from Geldhauser here. Give them to loved ones. Leave them on restaurant tables. Accidently drop one on the sidewalk. Leave one in a stranger's mailbox. Geldhauser's only request is that you take photos of the notelettes' whereabouts and upload them to her site. I heart (pun-intended) social expirements of this persuasion. You never know whose day you might brighten or whose heart you might touch. Now that's what I call spreadin' the love.



No Response to "Te Amo"
Post a Comment