Posted by Unknown in
atlanta giveaway
With Thanksgiving right around the corner, it is easy for anyone to run their mind over the things they are thankful for. Speaking of being thankful, I figured it was the perfect time to shed light on a powerful movie I saw recently that makes me count my blessings and feel hopeful at the same time. I was really touched to hear that at the Avon Foundation Gala for Women the film Precious received the Voice of Courage award. I had little knowledge to Avon's involvement with domestic violence until someone turned me onto it after seeing Precious.
Precious is a story about a young girl who despite her abysmal upbringing still envisions a plethora of better lives for herself. I tagged along with some of my girlfriends to the Midtown Art Cinema (prelude drinks at Apres Diem) to check out this film not knowing entirely what to expect. Albeit some very grim moments, the film was ultimately triumphant and bolstered some very inspiring performances.
In celebration of the film and the story and in support of Avon's "Speak Out Against Domestic Violence Campaign" I am giving away four (4) of the pictured above Avon's Women's Empowerment Bracelets. To enter to win leave a comment below telling me why you want a bracelet or use Twitter to tweet the following: "@favthingsatl I want an Avon Women's Empowerment bracelet." Contest ends Friday (12/4) at midnight.
3 Response to Avon's Women's Empowerment Bracelet Giveaway
I want to win the Avon Empowerment Bracelet so that I can represent women all over and show that we can stand up to domestic violence!
I would like an Avon Empowerment Bracelet because I have never truly understood the effect of domestic violence until seeing Precious. After seeing it, I think it is so important to get the word out and help other women in the same situation...
I would be honored to win the Avon Women's Empowerment Bracelet! Wearing it would be a reminder to myself as well as to all women to recognize our self-worth and stand strong with our struggles against domestic violence.
Post a Comment